Insight is a reporting tool which can break down your data into the following parts:
- Filters: define what part of the data in the data engine is of interest,
- Dimensions: define how to break down the data in the report output,
- Metrics: define the data points that you want to display in the report. Each metric is displayed in a separate column in the final report.
Insight is used for:
- pulling reports,
- creating new custom reports,
- sharing reports with people without their own Pulse accounts.
All three uses are discussed in the following sections.